Friday 26 December 2014

Waiting for you

She had been waiting for me for hours
And I tell her not to wait
Be late sometimes
And let me wait for her

Or just be angry
Say that she can't take it anymore
And wouldn't meet me if I'm not on time
Probably that's my only cure

But she still comes on time
I try to make it but I can't
And she never complains
Meets me with her smiling face

I ask her what's the secret
How's she so content
Waiting for me for hours
Or is it only pretense

She smiles and looks at me
This is something you may never see
When I wait for you, I think of you more
I long and I imagine different conversations
That we might be having with each other

So when I wait for you
I'm not alone
You're still here with me
In different ways, in different forms
Then when I see you, my love for you is re-born

No comments:

Post a Comment