Friday 6 November 2015

The funny thing about being a woman

I am a woman and there are so many funny things about being one. Whether we are treated right at home or not we empathise with the women who are not treated rightly. We all are angry from inside. I have not met a woman yet who is not angry about the condition of women around the world. Maybe there are women who don't care. I am sure there are. But, we want all things that are possible/ which are available to men in this world. The funny thing is that sometimes we want things not because we need them but because we know that they are forbidden to us just because of our gender. Another funny thing, that you may not know is we all believe that we deserve things, to be treated fairly but we feel obliged and happy when we are actually treated right. Heard a woman say "My husband and in laws LET ME wear western clothes they are so nice" "He lets me work, he is nice" "he helps me in kitchen (as if it was only her responsibility)? These things are embibed so badly inside of us that we forget that we feel grateful even when we are given basic rights, not something extraordinary. 
The last funny thing that I am going to mention about being a woman is we want to be the "man" in the society while we still want to enjoy the benefits of being a woman!
P.S. This is strictly for women like me, who have access to and have tasted/enjoyed freedom.

2 comments:

  1. I liked it. You wrote it honestly. In most of the women oriented write-ups I always got a sense of male bashing but this one is an exception :-). Forbidden fruit is always tempting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely and there is an issue of acceptance even among women. You will get a sense of that in this write up as well. The differences are so deeply embedded we dont even realise its unfair.

      Delete